Euky's koala cupcakes
How much deliciousness can a koala bear? Make these amazing cupcakes and watch their eyes light up.
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
3/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
125g butter, melted, cooled
2 x eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Natural Vanilla Essence
100g butter, softened
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/4 cup milk
food colouring (use red and green to make brown)
12 chocolate coated almonds*
24 walnut halves*
Smarties or m&m’s for eyes
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 x capacity muffin pan with paper cases. Combine flour
and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently
3. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer
inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring
to a wire rack to cool.
4. For the icing, beat butter in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy,
beat in colouring, adding a few drops of each colour until the desired brown is achieved,
and then gradually add the sifted icing sugar and milk and beat until fluffy.
5. Place a chocolate coated almond as a nose and then get two walnut
halves that are about the same size and place as ears.
6. Don’t forget the eyes!
* Instead of nuts you can use freckles for ears and a chocolate bullet for the nose